Sunday, April 3, 2011

April 3rd- Sorry to All of My Friends Who Had Guinea Pigs as Pets.

Today I went with some of my friends to eat a Peruvian Delicacy-Cuy. Cuy is the Spanish word for Guinea Pig. They are called Cuy because of the sound that they are supposed to make (something that I got to hear personally today).

Here are the Before and After shots.

Before

After

After finishing the Cuy, we were invited into the kitchen, where we met the owner. She started the restaurant over 70 years ago, and she is still there overlooking the chefs.


The Kitchen itself was a bit of an adventure. The Cuy were walking around the floor in the kitchen, along with a dog that would run in and out, and a chicken that was biding it's time before it became someone's dinner. The food was excellent, and the people who owned the restaurant were extremely nice. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who finds themselves in Arequipa.

When we finished dinner we went to the top of a tower and took some pictures of the city.

All in all it was a pretty awesome day.

-Jon

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness you did eat cuy! I'm secretly actually jealous. I tease my friend who is originally from Peru about eating cuy all the time. I wonder how it tasted.

    ReplyDelete