Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April 19th- God Almighty (Dios Todopoderoso)

What I have been learning recently comes directly from my struggles. Certain things seem to be crashing down around me, and the temptation is to respond with despair, or with worry. Praise God that he has used this to bring me closer to Him, and to shape me for his service.

The other day I was waiting for my friend to meet me near a walking bridge, and got there about 15 minutes early, so I had some time to think, and to mull over the events of the past week. As I thought about some things that were troubling me, the song Eres Todopoderoso kept on playing in the background of my mind (This is one of those songs that everyone who has spent any moderately long time in South America has probably heard. A very popular song here. The video is below if you want to listen to it.). The chorus of the song is:
Tú eres todopoderoso
Eres grande y majestuoso,
Eres fuerte, invencible
y no hay nadie como tú

Which roughly translates to:
You are all-powerful
You are large and Majestic
You are strong and invincible
And there is no one like you.

These lyrics ran through my mind, and though my struggles were still there, I was able to truly find peace in knowing that our God is El-Shaddai; God Almighty; Dios Todopoderoso. I was still just as weak, my problems were just as present, but I was able to find peace in knowing that He is so much bigger than everything that can come against me. I have heard people talk about resting in His strength a lot, but many times when troubles came, I was confused because this knowledge didn't make my problems feel any less difficult, or any less imposing. I think I understand it a bit better now, and I'll do my best to explain my thoughts concisely.

I know that I am weak, and that there are many things that can harm me--but the one who I am spending myself for is invincible. I have put all of my eggs in one basket, and there is no one, and there is nothing, that can damage Him. This realization doesn't make my problems disappear or become less difficult. It does however give me strength to endure all of them. I know that the King that I serve, and the Kingdom that I labor to bring to this earth, are both strong and indestructible. Therefore I am able, in all of my weakness, to find peace in His strength.

Have a blessed Holy Week,

-Jon
This is song I was talking about, Eres Todopoderoso.



No comments:

Post a Comment