Monday, June 13, 2011

June 13th- El Misti

Yesterday I climbed a Volcano called El Misti. It stands 5,822 meters tall (19,101 ft, 3.61 miles). It wasn't the hardest climb, but I was recovering from being sick in Lima, and at about 5,300 meters, I experienced some altitude sickness. After that point the climb got a lot more difficult for me, but I was able to stick it out and get to the summit.

It was certainly difficult to be sick at a time like this, but through a few different illnesses that I have had these past few weeks I have learned to be grateful. I think one of the ways that God disciplines me, and forces me to pay attention to Him is through sickness. When I am healthy, I almost always fall into the temptation to do things out of my own strength, but in sickness, when all of my own strength is gone, I have to rely on Him. I think God uses different things to get our attention, and I would encourage you to see the love in his hand the next time you feel Him discipline you. Remember, "the Lord disciplines those he loves." (Hebrews 12:6).

Here are some pictures. I hope you enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment