Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Title

It seems like everyone starts a blog off by explaining it's purpose, and it's title, so I figure that's a good place for me to start as well. This blog is going to be partially about what my life in Peru is like, but mostly I want it to be a collection of short and to the point devotionals. I am doing this mostly to force myself to think about things more concisely, and hopefully to bless those who read it.

Now on to the title. In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus says, "But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect." (Matthew 5:48) That's pretty crazy, isn't it? We are told to be perfect the same way that God is perfect! I am going to talk about what this has come to mean in my life, mostly by sharing things that I have learned from being redeemed in my failures. I hope you enjoy!

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment